Simon Says Booking began in Oregon back in the early 1990s and went through several incarnations, landing in 2002 in Western Massachusetts. Over the years, Simon Says Booking has represented some of the finest talent around the United States including past and present clients such as John Kadlecik (Darkstar Orchestra, Furthur, Phil Lesh and Friends), Max Creek,Adam Ezra Group, Start Making Sense, 10,000 Maniacs, Third World, The Skatalites, Bernie Worrell Orchestra, David Nelson Band, Cabinet, and many more, booking tens of thousands of shows.
Our wide reach and vast network of personal contacts, in tandem with proven systems that bring together booking, promotion and distribution, combine to create a solid and dynamic platform for robust sales and artists’ career development. Our targeted guidance and strategic vision is based on 20+ years of music industry experience and an adherence to the Simon Says values of honesty, integrity, family, personalized service, and a deep love of music. We are intimately connected to our artists’ daily activities, we identify with their struggles, and we share in their vision, all which enables us to develop a specific and individualized plan for their development and success.
Simon Says Booking handles thousands of gigs a year all over the country. Our proven track record for developing bands and helping to bring them to the next level, while never compromising the artist’s or the agency’s vision, has created a far-reaching Simon Says family. We push beyond the traditional agent-client relationship, forging even more meaningful bonds, which ultimately contribute to the bottom – line of success for all.
At Simon Says we foster a fun, professional environment where innovation and new ideas are always encouraged. We have grown our business based on our core values. We seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is a music fanatic, lives for the deal, possesses music business knowledge, is comfortable creating new relationships with both musicians and venues, and is creative, thoughtful, and innovative.
What you will learn:
-The ins and outs of music publicity and band management.
– The nuts and bolts of running a band.
– The essentials of music publicity and promotion.
– Negotiating and networking skills.
– Facility with email and phone outreach.
– Internet research and data gathering.
– Online and social media marketing.
– The latest email, video/streaming, website and other music marketing strategies.
– Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
– Internet research and data gathering related to building the company’s capacity and network base.
– A facility with networking and negotiating with contacts.
– Cold calling, social media postings, agent support, office duties
– Background in Business, Marketing, Communications, Music or other related discipline.
– Strong communication skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
– Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
– Creative and Flexible.
– Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
– Passion for the live music scene.
This is an internship. You will be expected to work 15-25 hours a week. This position has long-term potential, and many perks, such as VIP admission to select shows.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter describing why you think you would rock at this position to firstname.lastname@example.org